RE: IML: Salvatore 81 EFI-Dick B save it

According to some of our experts on the list, the EFI can be quite trouble free.  I would consult with Dick Benjamin before converting to a carb. Hopefully Dick will see this and tell us all Waht your trouble is...
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 9:20 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Salvatore Gennaro (1981)

New Subscriber(s): Salvatore Gennaro
Email Address is:
rosenole@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Clearwater, FL

Car(s) owned: 1981 Imperial with original electronic system and 212,000 miles

Self-Introduction: I have enjoyed driving this car since I purchased it from a dealer in 1984. The car has been driven to car shows and is driven daily to work.
My wife has never trusted the car and never drives or rides in it. My son has requested that I never sell the car, as he would keep it and restore for future car shows.
I was at a recent car show held at Don Gartlis and there were (2) 1981 Imperials that were restored and converted to a carbureator system. The cars were awarded trophies and were well accepted.
I can not trust my car for any trip beyond a nominal 30 miles as it does potentially have a starting problem when it sits for 2 to 3 hours.

I do have other Chryslers, including (2) 62 convertibles that will  be restored some day with my wifes approval.