Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 61 imp convertible on Calendar

Hi Henry, I just got mine Thursday from Meineke Mufflers down the street from me. It is the second last ric "November" If you like I can pick up a few for you. I deal with the guy there frequiently. Denis, Redwood City.
Yes, it is mine, Henry Hopkins, Richmond, Ca.  What calendar?  Pleeeeeeeze tell me.  That picture was taken over two years ago at a car show in Half Moon Bay called Classics by the Sea on the grounds of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.  That is, if it's the pic I am thinking of.  I don't believe I've had another taken of that car for a calendar.  Would love to get my hands on one of the calendars.  What a wonderful, pleasant surprise.  I have been waiting and wondering if the pic would ever be used.  The color is Capri Blue Poly, a correct color offered for '61.  Originally the car was maroon.

The front license plate frame says Peace Corps, Fiji 1  1968-69.  Our group was the first group of Peace Corps Volunteers in Fiji.  I served as a teacher for two years.  It was a wonderful experience.  It's rare that anyone notices the frame, only happened once before at a Car Show.

Thanks for your post.  Hope to hear more details about the calendar and possibly where I can obtain one.

Henry Hopkins,   61/60