The VIN will tell you the year. If it is an 81 the 2nd digit will be a C and the 10th digit will be a B. If it is an 82, the 2nd digit will A and the 10th will be C if it is an 83 the 2nd digit will be A and the 10th will be D. The VIN should be visible on the Dash pad looking down through the windshield standing next to the driver's door.

Mark Elliott
1964 Crown 4 door

At 12:16 PM 1/15/2005 -0800, you wrote:
From: "Dave" <Wilkerbeast01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Year ID question
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:27:07 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4FAF5.2570FDB0

Hello fellow Imperialists!
 I just got the paperwork on my 198* (Guido) and it has 1981 on some =
papers, and 1983 on others. How can I get the correct year from =
examining the car itself? I know it sounds cliche, but they all look =
alike!
Thanks in advance, and I'll take the answer off the air...
David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)
"I'm figuring out what's good for me, but only by a process of =
elimination"