Re: [FWDLK] TransFluid Loss & Brake Bleeding

Re: [FWDLK] TransFluid Loss & Brake Bleeding

Hi Group,
  Relative to the loss of transmission fluid, I can only offer the following:
If it's not showing up on the garage floor, or elsewhere on the car (exiting
the tailshaft, running back on the driveshaft, and being flung off on the
road, for instance), I would check the radiator for the possibililty of
bleeding by the transmission cooler.  Beyond that I could only imagine that it
is vaporizing(!?) either in the torque convertor or elsewhere in the
transmission.  Any evidence of oily smoke under the hood by the transmission
dipstick?
   As to the brake bleeding issue, I would also like to find a good one man
device.  I have the good fortune to have a 7 year old daughter, and for the
price of a snow cone or a Slurpee, I can usually get help bleeding my brakes
(although we are coming in to hot cocoa season).  Sooner or later though, she
is going to discover boys, and I'll be on my own!
   I'm really enjoying being a part of the mailing list.  Lots of good
information here.
Thanks,
Steve