Re: [FWDLK] tranny question

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Eric Skowron wrote:

> Have a question for you.  I am looking at buying an automatic tranny
> (from a '62 Dodge) from Jim Rawa.  He says it is for a polyblock motor.
> I was wondering if it would mate with a '68 383 (I kind of doubt it.)

No, a polyblock (A block) is similar to the LA block.  If you are putting
this into a pushbutton car, look for a big block 727 from a pre-65 car.
There are several at Speedway Auto Salvage in Erie, CO or at Elliot's in
Dacono, CO. I believe '62 was the first year for aluminum casings, which
would be 60 pounds lighter.  If it's going into a later car, stick with a
'67 or newer 727 from a big block car.

David Bell
Personal Assistant to the Chairdog
smike@xxxxxxxxx