Re: [FWDLK] Cars & Parts 59 Sport Fury

The original Highway Hifi ran at 16 2/3 rpm, so special records had to be
pressed for this format.  The unit was only available in 56-57 because it
was so trouble prone.  Also the availability of records was scarce.  A
modern day example is the Sony CD mini-disc.  Sony has tried to hoist this
format onto the public three times already, and nobody's buying it.  When
was the last time you walked into a music store and saw pre-recorded
mini-discs for sale ??  People are sticking with the standard CD format,
especially now that you can record your own CDs.

Ron