Re: [FWDLK] engine on 59 sport fury

For what it's worth, my best friend at the time, Paul Clima, of Daly City, CA
 bought a left over '59 Sport
Fury, Bronze in color with the 361 Golden Commando.  The Engine was painted
 bronze/copper as well!  He
raced that car at Half Moon Bay, Cotati and Fremont when it first opened.  Paul
 ran in NSX (N Stock
Automatic) which was equivalent to Super Stock without multiple carburetion.
 There were NO Multi-
carbureted Plymouths in 1959!  His car ran 15.0-15.10's until he decided to have
 it blueprinted and
balanced, which lowered the ET to 13.90s - 14.10. (and still stock mind you!
 less the balancing &
blueprinting!)   His car was awesome and every time that torqueflite shifted,
 you thought your head would
leave its neck.  We researched every option in those days, and 361 Golden
 Commando's came with one
Four Barrell, only.  Given the results of over 100 Trophies for NSX Eliminator,
 one Four was all that Paul
needed.   The 318 - 4 Bbl, rated at 260 HP was the stock engine offered in the
 '59 Sport Fury and it was
painted silver.  The Golden Commando was painted Bronze/Copper or Gold if you
 will - to include the Air
Cleaner.

Those are my memories of the great drag racing years of 1959- 1963!

Jack Lewis
Golden Fin Society

--------