[FWDLK] Ref 56 Desoto Windshield

At 07:48 PM 11/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I have just bought a '56 Desoto Sportsman 2 dr. hardtop.  My intent is to
redo the interior, the trim, and drive it.  It needs a new windshield.  Does
anyone know where I can get one?
>LeRoy Thompson,  Brimfield, IL

I just got back from picking up a power steering system for my 58 Ply from
Carolina Imperial Motors in Campobello SC.  He has only Chrysler products in
his yard and a large number of Forword Look cars (55 through early 60's
Plymouths, Dodges, Desotos, Chryslers and Imperials) including at least one
56 Desoto.
Has a web site: http://www.chryslerparts.com
e-mail is imperial@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I e-mailed them through the web site and got a return e-mail from Dave.  He
had what I wanted, gave me a price + shipping.  Since I live in NC I drove
to his place and he had them ready for me to pick up.  He said I was one of
very few sales to individuals in Carolinas - said he is shipping most of his
stuff to Calf.  Is now parting out a 57 Fury (all chrome has been sold but
still has rusted body, engine with 2 4-barrels - ((no air cleaners)) &
transmission).
He has add in Hemmings page 8492, Nov 98.

Harry 57 & 58 Ply