Re: [FWDLK] 1959 Plymouth engine color

        To paraphrase what I've said before, anyone can paint anything any color.
A while back someone showed me the 361
block in his 59 Dodge Royal Lancer. His was red as well. He thought that
was correct. I told him I knew the guy that sold him the car and he had
told me that he personally painted the engine red because he thought it
looked better in that color.

        Just because a glitzy magazine has a picture of a celebrity's car doesn't
mean it's correct.

Ron

PS - When you think about it, Chrysler builds a whole bunch of 361 engines
which are destined for Chryslers, Desotos, Dodges and Plymouths (as the
Golden Commando).  How much extra time and money, not to mention slowing
down the production line, would it cost the company to paint the 361 for
Plymouth red while keeping the rest silver ?  That's the way I see it.