[FWDLK] Engine colors

OK!!!!!!! First off let me tell you, I, AM PROUD, NO VERY PROUD, OWNER OF A
'59 BELLE 4 door sedan w/318!!!  That said:         so now that we all know
there is no standard color scheme on "all" Plymouth Commando engines or any
engines from said period I say it is totally fair game to paint the engines
whatever damn color we want. (Ive come to the definite conclusion that each of
the factories making these cars painted the engines with whatever heat
resistant paint was cheapest, or most available at the time, yet attempted to
"always paint" [Note the word "always" put in just for controversy's sake) the
engine block silver or red.) So the "LIberace" derived colors are just as
relevant to the cars decor as are perhaps the colors of "the American flag." I
myself prefer the rust color they all eventually turn if they're driven much.
(Gives it a "lived in" character) But only on the engine; I like a body free
of rust. It seems so much time and money is spent by purists (purists have the
right to be purists mind you) getting all the details just right only to find
out that each factory did things just a wee bit different. And their car
probably has at least several details that weren't exactly like the car when
it was new. Correct me if Im wrong (hey is that a brave statement or whot?)
but aren't there bits of chrome that were only put on some cars at some
plants? Not to mention differences applied by the individual dealers like a
four barrel or 3 deuces. To me the neat thing about a "Forward Look" (be sure
you capitalize that, boy) car is its total individuality. Part of owning this
car to me is my ability to express myself through its ownership. It's
its'(lol) general appearance and "Forward lookingness" that's makes it the
"Cats pajamas" per say. (or is that Percy? [for the lavender guy- hows that
for a flame) LOL) This is a fun car for weirdos like us. Its a great thing to
be here with people like you, who are all unique individuals I can tell you.
So lets continue with the arguments/discussion but know that not a damn one of
us really knows. These cars are all around 40 years old ya know. And I doubt
any of us are experts on these cars.................except me of course. And I
doubt that any of us were techs on line at the plant. So even though none of
us are really arguing yet (after this message I expect a lot towards me- just
for fun mind you) lets continue in the spirit of competition, not blood
thirstiness. So that was my bone to pick and throw towards (See last sentence)
all you Mopar dogs. Have fun! Finns forever. Sniff, sniff. I love you

P.s.- no, I wasn't drinking. Im just a wee bit giddy, burin up with fever from
this years brand of flu. so forgive me already will ya?