[FWDLK] Introduction

Hello to all Mopar fans out there!  I have just subscribed to the Forwardlook
list and would like to share my special Mopar with you.

I am the proud owner of a 1957 DeSoto Firesweep, Sportsman 2 dr h.t., black
body with a white top and white sweep and skirts.  It has a completely
remanufactured 325 ci polyspherical engine, with a two barrel carb.  Developes
245 hp.  It also has swivel seats, torqueflight push button trans, with the
standard Chrysler amenties, torsion bar ride, dual exhausts, etc.  My car
received a 1st place award in its class at the National DeSoto Convention held
last July in Valley Forge PA.  If you would like to see it, its shown on a
fellow NDC members site,

                     http://www.angelfire.com/de/petrus/index.html

Ed Petrus's own 1957 Firedome is the main feature of the site, but he
graciously included mine and several others.

The Firesweep is the entry level DeSoto.  It was built on the Dodge chasis,
122 inch wheelbase as opposed to 126 for the full size DeSoto. Thus the
windshield and rear window of the car is different, although the length is the
same. The engine is the same as that manufactured for Dodge and was know as a
Red Ram.  It has the hemi block, but smaller heads with single rocker shafts.

This car is a restoration, the bodywork being done by the previous owner and
the mechanicals by me.  It's not perfect, probably never will be, but I'm
constantly trying to make it even nicer. I would say its a #2 or very high #3.
It has won several tropies at local car shows.  This winter ( northern Ohio
snow belt) will bring some more rechroming and upholstery work.

I always like to hear about other DeSotos, and places to find parts of course.
I'm especially interested in photos of interiors on this model.  There weren't
many made (13,333) and less in existence. If you happen to have one, maybe you
could email me and we could talk. There are only about 102 registered with the
bureau of motor vehicles across the states.

I call my DeSoto "Wild Thing", what else could it be?  "Wild Thing" as the
song goes "makes my heart sing"  she makes everything "grooooovy!"
DeSotoly yours,  Leon