Re: [FWDLK] Das neue Welt

 ---- Jan O. Van Hoy <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have you seen the new webpage, http://www1.daimlerchrysler.com ???
> Apparently it was set up today and has a history section for both companies.
> Problem is, the Chrysler history is off by a year or two [ie automatics in
> '53].  Und es gebt auch auf Deutsch!!!

Actually, the PowerFlite *did* come out in spring of '53, late in the '53 model
 year, but AFAIK only in NYs/Imperials.

However, the site does appear to have been written in Germany, and has some
 alarming gaps for something claiming to represent Big Mama MoPar.

There were no references to the following:

Adventurer
Fury
Rootes Group
Hillman
Sunbeam
Nash
Hudson
Rambler

The Rootes and AMC-related missing links are important because the Mercedes side
 showed links to extinct German auto manufacturers, i.e., Maybach, which had
 been folded into Daimler-Benz.  There is a brief mention of the founding of
 Willys-Overland in the time line, but no further mention when you click on.

There were also no references on the Mercedes side to the following:

Adolf Hitler
Slave Labor (tried under British spelling as well)
Various Nazi officials known to have been involved in the German auto industry

Mike Sealey
I Guess I Should Be Happy They Mentioned Virgil Exner

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com