Re: [FWDLK] brake problem

Richard,

If you want a new bellows, try:

Power Brake Exchange, 800-322-1775, in California.

I have been discussing with them a power brake rebuild for a different type,
but I had also inquired about the Mopar bellows type. They said that the
bellows is available in a new reproduction from India. It is rediculously
expensive. For just the bellows part alone, it is $200 or more!!!

I have found the bellows to be very durable. The bellows used on any Mopar
from 56 to 60 or so, should be interchangeable. If you can find one in a
salvage yard in a car with the hood down, it should clean up fine. They were
fairly common on many Mopars. A fair price would be $25 to $30. I bought one
last summer for a spare (after I heard the price of a new one) for only $8
from a yard that was crushing out. Another yard wanted $100. He still has his!

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

At 12:53 PM 11/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all.  Well, it finally happened- my brake bellows split open along
>one of the creases.  Lucky I could hit them hard enough to not hit the
>guy in front of me !! Now where can I get one of those !!?  I checked
>Andy Bernbaum and Steele rubber parts -- no luck [ unless my catalogs
>are too old ]   THANX            opps- almost forgot- it's a 58 Ply.

Dave