Re: [FWDLK] Fire Extinguisher

 ---- j l johnson <johnaire@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To All,
>     Today I brought home a dry chemical fire extinguisher.  It is red and
> says Chrysler Parts on it.  It has all the operating instructions on it
> and on the back on the bottom it has parts division Chrysler Corporation
> with the Pentastar logo on it.  The front has the Pentastar logo on it
> too  under Chrysler Parts.  It has a year on it  on the back of 1969.
> Now this is not from the Forward Look years but is it a common item???

Not sure how common it is, or was, but it was available over the dealer's parts
 counter.

BTW Chrysler was pushing the "Chrysler Parts" name more prominently than "MOPAR"
 from about '66-'72.  In Canada, they used the name "ChryCo Parts".  I remember
 the distinct feeling they were trying to phase the MoPar name out (it only
 appeared on our '68's battery), but they got back behind it in a big way when
 the '73 models were introduced, and it's been with us ever since.  A small
 victory for tradition, and for us enthusiasts.

Mike Sealey
As Long As I Breathe, Chrysler Lives In My Heart

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com