Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 Plymouth hood

Ron Waters wrote:

> It was actually warm enought today to do a little work on the Plymouth.
> I've had a problem with the hood since I bought the car ten years ago - the
> hood corners stand up after I close the hood.  I have to go over and press
> down each side to get them to go down.  Does anyone else have this problem ?
> What causes this ?  I have the hood hinges down as far as they can go where
> the hinges meet the firewall.  Any suggestions ?
>
> Ron
Are you kidding? I was going to ask the same question to the List
myself. Mine do that too, as does every single other 57 & 58 Plymouth
that I have seen.(All 4 of them!) I too have maximum adjusted them down,
and have tried 3 different sets of springs. I even set up a miniature
video camera and a light under the hood and then opened and closed the
hood a few times to try and work it out. And it's got me well and truly
beat. Any help, as usual, more than welcome on this one.
Glenn.