[FWDLK] Anti-sway bars, 55 - 56

The front anti-sway bars for 1955 and 1956 Mopars are interchangeable. I put
one from a 56 Imperial into my 56 Dodge. It fit with no problems. The
Imperial bar is .875 inch in diameter. This is an increase of 1/16 th inch
over the stock bar. The handling was significantly improved.

The Imperial bar is only  14% larger. These are only a simple bent bar with
straight ends that fit into a rubber bushing clamped onto the lower control
arm. A good spring shop could easily fashion a new bar with greater
thickness, up to 1 inch, using the old as a pattern, for even greater
improvements.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500
Dave