[FWDLK] ignition

I was talking with my brother Don who builds Mopar race engines and he tells me that the best ignition system for collector cars with points is the Pertronix electornic conversion ($70.00 to $80.00).Throw the points and condensor away. Everything fits inside the distributor. 2 wire hook up to both sides of the coil. Looks original, no outside boxes or extra wiring. Can be installed in about 20 minutes and works perfect. He says to see tail end of Mission Ignition article in Chrysler Power magazine about two issues ago (July, I think) it is a bi monthy magazine. He also told me that if you are experiencing a rough idle you probably have the distributor vacuum advance line connected to the wrong port on the carb. This gives too much idle advance and the engine tends to buck around on idle. To check, pull the hose off, if there is a change when the engine is idling, that's the problem. He says even dynamite in the ignition system will not cure rough idle if the hose is on the wrong port.

Ron Dulmage