  • Subject: Re: Welcome to L-FORWARDLOOK!
  • From: Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@club-internet.fr>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 22:09:09 +0000
  • >From :  Philippe COURANT, 1957 Crown convertible ; PAU (France)

    Hi,

    I think I’m the first subscriber from France so I’ll tell you more
    about my car : I’ve a 57 Imperial Crown convertible. The car was
    bought from England in 1994 and I actually do a (very slow..)
    frame-off restoration. This car was bought in USA (first owner
    unknown) then shipped to Ghana (Africa) at the end of 1959, sold to
    the USA Embassy of Ghana which was in Accra, near the sea… Weather of
    Africa + sea salt + poor quality of 57 Mopars  = very important resto
    to do ! All the upholstery was out, all potmetal and exterior plated
    parts were painted ( ! !) ‘cause the chrome has completly disapeared.
    Engine ran but brakes and steering didn’t…
    Actually I’ve rebuild the engine and trans. , the front and rear end,
    leave springs, frame and brakes but the car can’t run as the body is
    in a body shop with rust at usual place.. I’ve also rebuilt the dash
    instruments, the radio, wiring harnesses and so on. Gary Goers is
    doing the upholstery.
    I’ve found your list some days ago and I’m also subscriber at IML
    (with pictures and tips from my car in the 57 pages) and Chrysler 300
    Club Int.
    I live in Pau (SW France) near Spain and Pyrenees mountain. I’m member
    of the American Car Club de France (ACCF) and, in this club, MoPar
    consultant. I love the 55..61 MoPar and I’ve friends who have Forward
    look cars (Dodge 58/59, DeSoto, Chrysler 300 C, Imperial…).

    Sorry for my english,

    Regards

    --
    Philippe COURANT