Re: [FWDLK] Newer 318 into 56 Savoy

Phil Patterson writes:  I'm not sure about the 62 Chryslers, but the buttons are
vertical on the 63-64 Chrysler.Also, has any one else tried putting the later
tailhousing and slip joint out put shaft into the 62-64 trannies? This would
 allow any
one using one of these pushbutton transmissions to get rid of the factory
 constant
velocity (Rod and Trunnion) joints andgto to the later style driveshaft.Will
 these
parts interchange between the early  and late model aluminum Torqueflites?