Re: [FWDLK] Car Values Online

On the other hand, if your buying a car from someone who doesn't know
anything about cars. (like the 48 Dodge I'm thinking about buying) or thinks
it's worth money cause it's old. Print out the page and show it to the
seller.
This lady has a 48 dodge 2dr. Body looks solid. floors and rockers are
needed. A tree fell on the trunk/quarter panel. That is the part I don't
know how easily can be fixed.
Her husband left the car there after a divorce. She has no keys for it, but
has the title. Her mechanic said it had to be worth at leat $1500 for parts.
I looked at it in September. I was the only person to look at it and it's
been for sale since March 98.
After I get my barn, i'll offer her $200 and see what happens. i told her
flat out, she might get $1500 worth of parts out of it, but she has to deal
with it as it slowly gets parted out. I know we're all mopar fans. But we
alos, they are not valued as much as other brands and people don't beat down
the door to by a 48 Dodge.
we'll see what happens next month. I also have a brother in law that bought
a 67 Mustang in 88 and it's been sitting in his yard ever since. I have a
feeling he'll give me the car If I ask him for it, it would make a good run
around car for the wife.. I just don't know when I'd have time to drive all
the cars.

Nick

56 Savoy 2dr. 85k   Pretty much done
53 Belair 2dr . 43k Hot rod/custom in progress.
57 Belair 4dr. 166k On the back burner. Wife's car, she likes 4 doors, but I
doubt she'll ever drive it
98 Dakota. 42k in one year. My Daily Driver
84 Accord 4dr. 165k. Wifes "baby"
94 Intrepid. 49k Wifes car, although she'd rather drive the Honda