[FWDLK] battery cap color

To help in the quest for the answer to the ever-persistent question on the
correct battery cap color, I offer the following, ver batim from Wayne
Graefen's 1957 DeSoto Adventurer Handbook for Restoration and Judging, July
1995.  I don't know how many cars this applies to.

     DeSoto Service Bulletin #845, dated 1-28-57 details for us what
original equipment batteries were used in '57 Adventurers.  Prior to
January 17 production, Willard batteries were used.  Starting with cars
produced January 17 and thereafter, Auto-Lite batteries were ALSO used.
The case of each battery had either the Willard or Auto-Lite name cast into
it.  The vent or cell caps bore the name of MoPar across their top half and
the name of the battery manufacturer across the lower half.
     Vent caps for Willard battery were yellow (60 Amp bat) or red (70 Amp
bat).  Auto-Lite battery had yellow diamond shape decal on top (60 Amp bat)
or red diamond shape decal (70 Amp).

Hope this helps.  Of course, my repro battery from New Castle Battery for
my 57 DeSoto Firedome has GREEN caps!

Ed Petrus