Re: [FWDLK] Battery Question

I would like to know the answers to these questions also. Most original
engine shots are in B&W, and most cars in later
publication like Collectible Automobile etc have late model plastic
batteries. All I have found in my collection is, October 96
Collectible Automobile showing a 57 & a 58 Adventurer, both with red
caps.
Any other opinions?
(People who don't like color discussions....see the "Delete" key?......)

Glenn.

Dave Stragand wrote:

  Hi All,

  I got my new Group 27 battery today from Antique Auto Battery.  It's a

  bit different than the last one.  The last one had a sticker, and this

  one has a molded-in MoPar logo.  IMO, it looks a lot nicer.

  As I understand, the "sticker type" batteries were MoPar -replacement-

  batteries, while the molded logo ones were original equipment
(AutoLite
  batteries are also a correct OEM, I believe).  Anyway, this new
  molded-logo battery is a Chrysler Licensed Reproduction of the 1956-58

  battery. It's the so-called "Poly-Top".  It looks just like a tar top,

  but doesn't have the annoying habit of showing up all fingerprints,
  bugs, dust, etc., due to it's plastic-like non-squishy construction.
  Overall, I like it, but have a couple of questions:

  1)  Should the raised MoPar logo and lettering be white?  It shows
that
  way in the picture.  Mine is just the same black as the case (not
  painted).

  2)  The vent cap question... These are red.  Is red correct?  I've
heard
  yellow, green, etc...  Anyone have comments that can be backed up by a

  photo or the like?

  Thanks Again,

  -Dave Stragand