Re: [FWDLK] "Posi" Rear End?

David - the interchangability on 8 3/4 rear ends is from 58 to 74 (or
whenever they quit using them - I think it was immediately after Chrysler
solved the short-life problem of the axle bearings!).  Anyway, in regards
to your specific question, I do not know if the sure-grip for 56 is the
same as 58 thru 68 or not.  I do know that you can use any sure-grip unit
for the 8 3/4 from 58 up (with the appropriate side bearings.)  Check the
part #'s for the diff side bearings and see if they list the same for 56
and 58 - if so, they might interchange, but I don't know about the axle
spline count either, 'course you might be able to swap the side gears.  I
do know that the housings (pig, pumpkin, 3rd member - or whatever you want
to call it) are different in 57 & down.  Don't know if it was called an "8
3/4" or not, don't know if it WAS an 8 3/4 or not.  Guess I don't know much
at all about 57 & downs diffs!  Hope this .002 worth helps some anyway.
DaveG.