[FWDLK] Transmission Fluid

Hey Gang,

I have a question about automatic transmission fluid.  My Forward Look
car is a 56' Dodge Royal Lancer.  It has an automatic transmission
(PowerFlite) and shifts hard at times.  I have been told that the
transmission fluid available today is not the same as to what they used
in 56.  Is this true?  Is there a difference in viscosity?  The
transmission and linkage is adjusted correctly and shifts at the correct
rpm's, however, it doesn't seem to be as smooth as I would think the
shift should be.  If there is a difference in fluid, does anyone out
there have a source to obtain some of the old type fluid?

Another question comes from my father-in-law.  He owns a 30 Plymouth and
would like to put an 'oogahhha' horn on the car.   I own a horn like
this, however his car is running a 6v system (negative ground I think)
and the horn is 12v.   Can a conversion be made to accommodate this?

Last question.  Does anyone out there have a source on a clock for my 56
Dodge?  I realize that they are hard to find.   A 55 Dodge one will not
work (the face is black not green)(thanks David Homestad for that fact)
I really don't care if it is running (I will most likely do a rebuild to
update).

Thank you all for having a wonderful web site and mailing list  to share
the wonderful creations of Virgil Max Exner and Chrysler Corp.

Looking Forward...