[FWDLK] My DeSoto

Hi Everyone,
My name is Ron Albright and I live in Iowa.  I am the second owner of a
1955 DeSoto Firedome 2DHT.  My wife's cousin bought the car new.  The
car is Heather Rose and Sapphire White.  I plan to refinish it in those
original colors.  The DeSoto was put in storage in 1966.  I tried to buy
the car for the next 23 years and finally got it in 1989.  I haven't
really started the restoration of it yet.  I was busy finishing up my
first project, my 1930 Model A Ford Tudor.  I am the second owner of it
also.  Then a few years ago, a 1948 Chevy 5 window pickup slipped in
between the Model A and the DeSoto.  I thought it wouldn't take too long
to restore.  Like most of my projects, it is taking longer than
planned.  I try to do almost all the work myself.  I am looking forward
to restoring the DeSoto.  The body is in pretty good condition but all
the years of storage were not kind to the interior.  Some rodents
enjoyed the comfort of those plush DeSoto seats.  How do I determine if
my car is a Sportsman or just a regular Firedome 2DHT?  The Price Guide
magazine lists value for both models.  Any help on this would be
appreciated.  I have a 1950 Dodge Meadowbrook 4 door also.  I might do a
quick job on it before the DeSoto or I might sell it as is.  I might
have too many toys.  The Dodge is very solid and has a good interior.  I
enjoy reading the mail that come on the Forward Look list.
Ron