[FWDLK] RE FAN SHROUD

An alternative to a shroud might be to speed up the water pump.
About 1968 or 69 Chrysler went to a larger size crank pulley which
drives the acessories faster. We used to look for the older smaller
pulleys for our street machines so we could get a bit of extra power.
Early 318s are the same basic engine as the later 273,318 and 360(I
know!,I know! Most call the old engines wide block 318s but the truth
is the blocks are identical except for the different head gasket pattern
as far as the water holes go. The real difference is the heads and
intake manifold.)and many items like pulleys etc will interchange with
minor or no modifications. If the pump turns faster so will the fan
and the extra air traveling through the rad may be enough to stop
overheating in traffic and parades. Might be worth a shot. The 6 ro 7
blade fan is a real good idea and definately helps. I would send out the
rad and have it flow tested as almost any overheating problem can be
cured by a rad with sufficient flow(and volume). The pressure cap is
also very important. For every psi of rad cap pressure you raise the
boiling point of the coolant by 3 degrees F. If it doesn't boil it is
not likely to escape.
DOn DulmaGE