[FWDLK] eBay fraud warning for y'all...

There is a real big scammer operating on eBay.  He burned me for $25 on two
-bootleg- Christine soundtracks.  They weren't even decent bootlegs -- just a
really bad version of "Bad to the Bone" played over and over again on a cheap
cassette.

Anyway, since so many of us use eBay, I thought it would be appropriate to
warn y'all.  As always, be EXTREMELY careful on bidding on people with 0 or
hidden feedback.  Here's the current IDs used by this scammer:

forken (halfalive@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=forken
usvideo5 (@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=usvideo5
ovark (scholasticity@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ovark
valgrn (valuegrain@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=valgrn
twotimestwo4 (@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=twotimestwo4
hewey2 (hewes@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hewey2

Please note that little if any negative feedback exists for these accounts.
eBay's new policy on negative feedback does not allow negative feedback to be
posted unless the poster
has won an auction from the seller.  These scammers change their eBay account
information very often, thus preventing any negative feedback.  Attempts have
been made to post
-neutral- feedback to the seller.  When this occurs, the scammers set their
feedback profiles to "private"; thus not allowing the comments to be seen by
others on eBay.  Note on
the eBay feedbacks shown, all have negative feedback, and many are marked
private.

Here are some of the aliases they have used in the past - dating back at least
to Dec98:

icybluejewel (@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=icybluejewel
jaspper101 (jaspper@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jaspper101
kfc27 (@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=kfc27
paradisgirl (@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=paradisgirl
pookabear3 (@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=pookabear3
jimmyjoe69(jimmyjoe2@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jimmyjoe69
degrasso2(degrasso@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=degrasso2
saxon4 (saxon4@webtv.net)
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=saxon4

This person will request that you send payment to one of the following
aliases: Sandra Stadtmuller, Cassi Stadtmuller, Sandra/Cassi Knowles, Mike
Scott Knowles, Scott Michaels,
Glen Sanders, Michael Psychit, John Vickers, Robert Hoke and/or any of a
number of other names.  The addresses they use are:

17602 17th Street #102-134
Tustin, CA  92780

18741 FAIRHAVEN AVE
SANTA ANA CA 92705

1230 N ROBIN ST APT  B
ANAHEIM CA 92801

Their user information, should you request it from eBay, will return false
information.  In many cases, the user information returned by eBay is a -real-
name, address, and phone
number.  These numbers are obtained in some manner from listings in GoldMine
(a record collector's magazine).

Most of those defrauded will receive either a shoddy bootleg of the purchased
item, or no item at all.

There are several of us who are currently organizing a campaign against this
individual from many of a number of fronts and available avenues.  I am
working as an information
gathering center to track fraud & prevent future fraud from these individuals.

I do not expect you to take my word on this scammer's intent to defraud you.
I encourage you to investigate this for yourself, and take appropriate actions
should you be convinced.

Dave Stragand (dave.stragand@ketchum.com)