[FWDLK] What the hell is that ?

I go past a place called the be-bop cafe every couple of weeks and over the
summer they had a 56 Belvidere 4dr for sale. I looked at it, but didn't need
it.
I'm going by the place Saturday and from a distance, i can see the fin point
of a 56 Plymouth and as I get closer, i say "What the hell is that and I
slam on the brakes and pull in the driveway" I'm not sure if this car
wasoriginally the 4 dr, but someone took a 56 Plymouth and made it into a 2
dr one bench seat el-camino type car. It was different looking. I'm not sure
if I like it yet or not. It's not done yet. But it has moulded rear bumper
and the roof was shortened, I think the doors may have been shortened, I'm
not sure. it was raingin so I couldn't study it. Right behind the seat, was
the package tray just as if it was behind the back seat. It's like the cut
the piece out from just in front of the rear windshield all thw way down to
the trunk lip and moved it forward and then filled in the gaps with sheet
metal. It doesn't look like the shortened the car.. The front fenders may be
from something differnet as they weren't pointed in the front. The hood was
also louvered and what would be the pickup bed was pretty much filled in and
the car may have been lowered, i'm not sure. I'm going to try and get a pic
of it next week. If anyone wants to see it, let me know and I'll email it to
you