Re: [FWDLK] Password Problems

"Rimington, Ken" wrote:

> When I enter the www.forwardlook.net site, a password request window pops
> up.  I find no place to set a password.  Why does this window appear?  How
> do I set a password for the website?

This is a configuration error on the server.  It'll ask you for a password on
every page... It's fighting my best attempts to get rid of the password, too.
The fix is simply to hit the "CANCEL" button each time.  The only thing you'll
be missing is the page counter.

I have assembled our new server this weekend.  For the technically inclined,
it is a Dual Pentium II 350 (overclocked 333's) and a meager 64MB RAM  / 3 GIG
Hard Disk Space to start.  The RAM I bought isn't working right now, but when
it gets replaced I'm going to move the site to the new machine.

I'll recreate the web site from some backups (and the web server from scratch)
and hopefully we'll have things running a bit smoother.

-Dave