[FWDLK] Rumble mumble

<LARSPAINTR@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Interesting several posts regarding protest on gas costs....
>About 8 weeks ago gas here in West Meeeeeechigan was at 80 cents per
>gallon. No protests then!!!!

I would be glad to ship my DeSoto back to the USA and fill my tank with
that cheap gas. Do I need protest?

>Thanx to living in America I can post this without fear of repression and

I can post this without fear too, although I don't live in America..

<desoto59@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>You are very lucky in USA , here in Sweden the gas costs appr. 4:50 $ per
>gallon

Yeah, here in Finland the hi-octane gas costs USD $ 4.05 per U.S. gallon..
There are 75% taxes of that price. The government is band of robbers. All
the worst, almost everybody pays without any significant protests!

''''''''''''''''''
The other things:

In my big block engine, could I use "T" fitting between original oil
pressure sending unit for additional oil pressure gauge?  The sending unit
is odd in the shape. Is there special tool for it?

--------
If I drive my DeSoto often, almost daily, the engine starts very well. But
if it sits one week without starting up, I must turn the starter even over
10 times before the engine begins to run. Firts startings sounds usual
"chee-yee-yee", the rest of startings sounds like short "chunk", "chunk"..
when the engine almost started, but didn't. Between hitting the starter I
always pump the accelerator several times. It runs great once it starts.
Obviously all the gas in fuel line flow back to tank during several days
and is empty. Is this normal for a car of this vintage? I have rebuilded
the carburetor, do I need the rebuild fuel pump too?

--------

I have 159 different original '55-62 Mopar sales brochures in my
collection. Are there anybody else who collect these in this scale?
Also, I have almost complete collection of Car Life magazines 1954-70.
Only few missing between May '60 - Jan '61. Almost 200 copies. They are not
for sale. If you are looking for information about known articles and road
tests, I may find them.

M.Lonngren
Finland
'61 DeSoto 2-Dr. Ht.
Build date: 09/02/60. Shipped to Havre Motors, Inc., Havre, MT.
Date first entered Montana: 09/20/60. Sold to 1st owner: 12/08/60.
I am 6th owner. (Thanks for FLML group, I found the source to get this
information about one year ago from Forwardlookers. Before I knew the
history of my car only 1986 and up..)