[FWDLK] 56 DeSoto dash pad

Hello,

This weekend I was removing my broken '56 DeSoto windshield and decided to restore the dash pad since it easy to get to the top side of it.  My question is how do I remove the pad?  There were lots of screws along the bottom  side opposite the windshiedl but it seems to be fastened to the rest of the dash near the defroster vent at the windshield side.  Do I have to take the entire dash out of the car to get the dash pad off of the dash?

Thanks for any advice.
LeRoy Thompson