[FWDLK] New to the list -- '55 Savoy

Hello,

My name is Dan Morton, I live in Haddonfield, New Jersey.  Regrettably, my
'55 Savoy lives in Abington, Pennsylvania!  My mother's driveway... *sigh*.
It's a 45 minute drive, but my hope is to get it roadworthy this summer, and
drive it to a rented garage closer to home where I can commence restoration.

It runs...after a fashion (at least, I've heard it run)  -- it's just not
good at stopping!  Brakes are shot... The body needs a lot of work, the
interior needs a complete refinishing, but most of the trim is in excellent
condition.  And back and front curved glass is uncracked!  Ain't life
grand...

Here's my first puzzle:  My old man had one of the old fashioned drum
pullers, the kind that bolt on with the lugs.  I can't find the darn thing,
and I can't find one in any auto store or tool store either.  How do you get
the rear drums off without one?! (The backing plate, of course, covers the
lip of the drum so you can't use a newer puller.)  Or, better yet, where can
I get the puller?

At any rate, I'm glad to discover the list.

        Thanks
        Dan

Dan Morton
morton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx