Re: [FWDLK] Narrow streets

-----Original Message-----
A 15-20 foot wide street that is 2 way...

As I recall, 18-20 foot two lane roads were the norm in our area in the
'50's, no fog lines, grass shoulders.  There were some "super highways"
that were four lane with a narrow median [2'?] down the center.  Our very
first "freeway" in this area was 1955; at that time it was about 12 miles
long.

We still have a few remaining country highways and roads unchanged from the
'20's and it's fun to take the old cars out on them.  But the "Burma-Shave"
signs are gone...

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, Washougal, WA