Re: [FWDLK] steering linkage arm

Phil Patterson writes: I don't recomend installing grease fittings on ends
that didn't have them. There are no internal channels for the grease to
flow through. I tried this trick on a 72 Newport I used to own, and it
didn't work. Even though the fitting installed easily enough, no grease
would flow into the end. To save money, you could just hand pack them with
a good quality grease,only if the ends are in good shape.I assume you
already have the part taken off of your car.  This is a temporary fix at
best, but if the car doesn't see a whole lot of miles, it should work for a
little while. The automakers have and still do install suspension
components with no provision for grease, this saves THEM money and reduces
production costs. It's never a good idea to modify factory front end parts
.When you do replace it, the replacement should have fittings. If not, find
another source for parts.