[FWDLK] Paint Interchange Questions

I have the 1945-1995 Paint Code Interchange Manual.  The 1955 Ply colors
show PPG codes 70509 for Seminole Scarlet and 80697 for Orlando Ivory.  I
checked the PPG website and could not find a place to key in a code and see
the color so I called them this morning.  They do not show code 70509 at all
and have an "offset" for 80697 as 2996 which is for a 77 Ford.

Few questions:  This book is fairly current, why does it have outdated
codes?  I looked up 77 Ford and did not see 2996 at all, why does PPG show
this as a 77 Ford color and the book does not?  Can I rely on these codes in
the book?

PPG told me to have the paint shop call them for a "prophet(sp?)" on 70509
and they will try to get the formula for them.  I am concerned about what
color the car might turn out though!  Any advice????

Also, as a side note.  Stripping the chrome and trim off the car has shown
that the car used to be "robin egg blue" where it is now black and Ivory
where it is red.  I also hope to use the paint codes to determine the
original color.  Or, does anyone know what robin egg blue would be.....
Miami Blue, Biscayne Blue Poly (what does the poly mean??????????), Tampa
Turquoise, etc.  Too many bluish and blue/greens to pick from!!

See ya,  Joe.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5768
99 GMC Sierra K1500 SLE Z71 4x4 Ext Cab Shortbed 5.3L Blue/Pewter.
55 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr Club Coupe V8 Auto Red/Black Sport Tone.
http://www.infopage.com/plymouth/