Re: [FWDLK] Paint Interchange Questions

Re your paint info:  Wayne, you are right on with the older
"poly" and the older "pearl" paints.  Today's pearl paints
are mostly composites using mica chips which do much the
same thing with refracting light as did the older pearl
flakes resulting in color "flop" or change.  The problem
with all of those techniques has been migration of the
flakes or chips up through the clear coats - resulting in a
dull finish after several months.  Today's clear "poly"
(polyurethane) coats however, have solved that problem by
locking in the chips or flakes with the harder coating.

Brian