[FWDLK] (no subject)

We've moved!!!  fwdlook55@xxxxxxxx

I need some paint advice.  Yeah, I remember a bunch of input on paint codes a
while back, and I did save them, but the computer was stolen! [Honest]

Anyway, the guy who low bid the paint job says that his paint supplier can
get a color match with a spectroscope.  From my house painting experience I'm
dubious, especially for green.  A little extra yellow and it looks pukey.  Do
I need to start with a code?  If so, does anyone have a listing for '55DeSoto
Lexington Green and Surf White in a current line of paint?

Next question, what is the proper prep for bare metal?  I hear acid etch
primer, epoxy primer, and others say use "Rust-Mort" or "Oxy-Coat" before the
primer.

Finally, I''ve seen some of this guy's cars and they look good.  Mostly rods
and one '56 DeSoto.  But what should I specifically look for?

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, Washougal, WA