[FWDLK] tranny problem

I got it to work, like an idiot I read the instructions and followed them,
then I did it my way.
  Did anyone else know that the last stop in the shifter is not reverse but
goes beyond and back
low? I shortened the cable (had to build the darn thing in the first place)
by 1/8 of an inch and
it now works.
  Thanks to all who responded.
Jim