Re: [FWDLK] Old Cars/Old Men

In a message dated 4/18/98 9:06:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 Bernbaum's brake parts are priced the same as everyone else's. It costs
 money to play with old cars, that's just the way it is.

 Don

  Well, Don, the problem I had with Senor Bernbuam was that he had an
outrageous core charge, It cost me $100.00 in core alone... Now excuse me, but
that seems a little out of line, Sure it takes money to "Play with old cars"
If that's what you are doing, me personally, I drive mine. It is an
automobile, not a toy.  But I don't think that should be an excuse to
guage....  Perhaps you feel like a true collector when you pay top dollar, but
not me, I feel screwed. Perhaps its not so much that Bernbuam is expensive,
maybe, just maybe it is that Bernbuam is an arrogant jerk who lies about his
merchandise and provides some of the worst customer service around.... Granted
I am young, maybe I will not just bend over and take it as you will, but I
have restored 4 old cars, and 2 of those four were even more rare than my
Plymouth. I have never paid a $100.00 core charge on any of them before. And
if I ever pay that much again, I hope to God that the man who is raping me of
my crisp clean Ben Franklin will at least act as if he values my buisness.
Anyway Good Luck to you, and may you always get what you pay for.... If you
care to discuss this any further just email me.. PlymouthV8@xxxxxxx

 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/acker75/plymouth.htm";>1955 Plymouth Page</A>