Re: [FWDLK] Diplomats

At 04:16 PM 4/20/98 +0200, Marko Lonngren wrote:
>Are there many, who have seen 1955-61 DeSoto Diplomats & Dodge
>Kingsways?? I have.
>
>Some blocks away from my block is garage for 1961 DeSoto D500
>fire truck. Wow!
>
>                Mark
>
>                FIN-Land
Speaking of oddities, Chrysler Corp of Canada sold models similar to the
Kingsways and Diplomats. Such models were the Dodge Crusader/Regent/Mayfair
(paralleling Plymouth's Plaza/Savoy/Belvdere). The Mayfair was a Plymouth
Belvedere from the cowl back, and a Dodge coronet from the cowl forward.
Most of these models as well as the Kingsways were made in Windsor,Ontario,
Canada.  In 1959 the Crusader model was dropped and a top of the line model,
the Viscount was introduced for one year only. The Kingsways (Desoto
Equivalent) were also assembled for sale overseas, marketed as the Diplomat
DeLuxe, and Diplomat Custom. DeSoto Firesweep Front Clips were used. I hope
to get some photos of Canadian "Plodges" at Moparfest 98.
 Todd
58 Belvedere 4 door sport sedan