[FWDLK] More latch help

On a 59 Imperial, that's been abandoned for a long time, I can't get the
drivers door open.  The outside handle is broken, like someone pulled up on
it very hard.  The other doors all opened after some persuading and
wiggling...but it appears the drivers door is stuck good.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get it open?

When I pull on the inside handle, it only goes partway back.  The front
passenger door did this also, but when I pushed on that door it let the
handle go back all the way, and the door opened.  The drivers door won't do
this.  BTW, it seems the latch is worn some, and the door does open about
1/4" or so because of the slack.  The star wheel looks like it's in the
position it should be when the door is closed, and the wheel will move more
towards the "closed" position when I push on it with a screwdriver.

The inside door panel is still on, I may have to try to remove it, but this
is usually difficult when the door is shut--the panel will probably get
mangled when I remove it.

Help?

Jim
Jim Forbes                                    jforbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx