Re: [FWDLK] Chr 300M

>Also interesting that now Chrysler will have 3 near lookalikes- the 300M,
>the LHS,
>and the Concorde-  Hmmm  Concord (ex AMC) reborn??????????   (sorry.....)
>Anyway AW makes the commentary of the old 300 and the 300 letter cars, that
>there are 2 TWO versions of the 300 but both are lettered, the one with Euro
>suspension has no top speed governor (17" high speed rated tires) and wondered
>if Chrysler should have called one the 300, the other 300M.

Quite frankly I'm a bit disappointed with Chrysler's resurrection of the
letter car. Most obviously, it's a four-door... and has the same
drive-train as the LHS. (OK, there's an optional transmission you can get)

I wish they would have waited for a 300hp powerplant and put it in a
awesome 2-door bodystyle. (Something to go after Lexus SC buyers) That's
what I think a 300 letter car for the millenium should be.

Chrysler crapped on the 300 namesake when they introduced the 300-Sport
series in '62. I'm afraid their latest effort falls into the same marketing
strategy despite the retro 1955 Bob Roger commercials.

A sedan letter-car?... without any extra horses?... What were they
thinking??????