Re: [FWDLK] Quandry - Fouled Plugs in 354 Hemi

TShaw10686 wrote:

> In a message dated 5/21/98 1:20:57 PM EST, main2@xxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << (Do all the plugs foul  the same?) >>
>
> The answer is yes.  The are all saturated and black. I tried 2 different plugs
> but both reacted the same way.  I noticed a comment in the manual about not
> putting  washers on the plugs if  it is a dual rocker engine.  I didn't take
> the metal washers off the plugs before I installed them because they didn't
> seem to come off very easily and I didn't want to screw up the threads.  Could
> this be an issue here?
>
> Tom

Tom, I have a whole lot of the washers. Bought them by the 100's when I
fought
this battle in the 70's when the gas started to change for the worse.
Used them all the time on my 392's.
Until 74 or so they were NOT a problem. Then unleaded gas started to
come out
and the gas cos started to drop the octain of the leaded gas.
Went from normal wear to maybe 500 miles befor the plugs started to
foul.
Friend had a station and we tried a lot of things. Played with heat
ranges,
timing and some other stuff I forget.

Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's