[FWDLK] GAS mileage

As stated before my  3500 pound wagon with overdrive gets 18.5 at 65/70.
dropping 10 mph slower affects it little.  Got same mileage 2 yrs ago on old
66 Chi to OkCity.
Engine 277 V8 power pac fully rebuild including rebore 60 over and new
pistons.
I recall my 62 savoy 2 dr post with stick and 318, aftermarket duals, got
around 16 but it was not on any freeways, all 2 laners.
A pen pal in Ireland has 56 Dodge with 315 and 4 barrel, its all he can do to
get 14 mpg and dont know if thats Imperial gallons or not.
Lars