Re: [FWDLK] Dual 4 setup

Hi Brendan:  I'l try and answer your questions at the end of each..
Good luck, Gerry.....

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:41:24 -0500 Brendan Sheehy <desoto@xxxxxxx>
writes:
>Actually, you clarified a few questions I had.  I didn't think it
>would be
>so simple.  I recall in earlier posts that someone modified the later
>non-cable trans for pushbutton operation. They only got P,D, and R to
>work,
>but what else do you need (at least in flat Illinois).
>A guy in the neighborhood is getting rid of a Cordoba with a good
>running
>400.
>If I go that route, do these options seem correct:

>1. Drop the 400/727 in. Loose parking brake. Add newer rearend with
>normal
>parking brake to solve that problem. Possibly loose pushbuttons or
>gain
>some functionality with modification.
                                                          LAST OPTION!!!

>2. Drop in 400 only.  Will not mate with old torqueflite.  Could
>flexplate
>mods fix this?                                     NO!!!!
>
>3. Drop in 400. Look for 62 up TF with cable shift.
>                                  YES, and get the later rear
end to get away from the tapered axles and lousy brakes.....Another
possibility would be to put a 413 crank in the 400 (I'm not sure this
can be done, will check) use your present tranny.....In any case, I
recommend changing the rear end for the better brakes....If you use
newer tranny, use 62 ONLY as it has same cables etc.  Any 62 New
Yrkr, 300 and possibly newport/windsor AND get the tranny MOUNT.
It is a must....

>Sorry to bend your ear.
         Not a problem.  I just wish I remembered
most of this stuff.  Being 70 I forget to remember some stuff. Glad to
help.....
Gerry.........

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]