Re: [FWDLK] Odd Mopars

DeSoto didn't offered convertibles 1960-61 anymore. I know a restored
1961 DeSoto Convertible in Sweden. Before it was restored, all parts
related to convertible parts like pump fittings etc. looked like
factory-installed. Same kind of 61 DeS Conv. is in Texas. It needs
restoration. These cars may have or may have not leave the factory with
soft top, but it may be possible, when the announcement of discontinuing
DeSoto was launched, then some boss in factory line wanted something
unusual and they used Chrysler Newport Convertible bodies to make cars,
which officially should not exists. Or?

Swedish call convertible as a "Cab"?  Sounds like taxi(cab)... :-)

There is a 1960 DeSoto Adventurer Convertible in Finland, but it was
built from Sedan. I know also a 60 Adv. Conv. in Norway too.

Does anyone know other odd Mopars? Not a Frwrd Lk car, but I know a
1967 Plymouth Belvedere II 4-Dr SEDAN in Finland, what was originally
equipped with a 426 Hemi engine and no other options.. COOL car!

                Marko