[FWDLK] 1956 Dodge Crusader

List people,

I am new to this list (brand new) and I have a question:

I have an option to purchase a 1956 Canadian Dodge Crusader sedan.

It's a straight six, only surface rust, though the engine needs work. The
interior has been gutted, no seats, no upholstery. White with cream
trim, original paint it appears. there's a medium dent on one door but
that's about it, apart from some plastic bezels inside that are broken
and the front plastic nameplate on the front grille.

The chrome is pitted and needs to be redone. It's been sitting on
tires for what looks like 20 odd years, as the last registration was
1973.

Anyone know about the history of this beast?  I like the look of
it, classic 50's but will fit in a 1990's parking space.

Where should I look for restoration tips? I'm in Ottawa, so if there
is anyone local I'd love to get a hand on this.