[FWDLK] Ballast Resister 1955 vs. 1956 Imperial

[FWDLK] Ballast Resister 1955 vs. 1956 Imperial

Ballast resistors are only used on the 56 (and later) twelve volt system.
The resistor drops six volts so a six volt coil can be used on a twelve
volt car.  So in the 55, wire the coil direct to the ignition switch on the
six volt car.  If you want a really hot spark, and shorter point life, you
can apply twelve volts directly to the coil without the resistor.  Also,
some aftermarket coils had the ballast built in.  The coil will say
12-Volts.

Richard