Re: [FWDLK] Winter Storage

I like the gas preservative idea best.   But the way I've done it in the
past is to run the car almost out of gas before storage.  To avoid the
condensation problems and subsequent rust-inside-the-tank issue, I've
coated all my gas tanks with that Bill Hirsh stuff that seals the tank
against rusting.  During the winter, I'll start the car about every three
weeks and let it run for awhile.  When spring comes, I add fresh gasoline
before taking it out.  I've been told that today's oxygenated gas does not
have the stability of gasoline of years ago, not that that gas was very
stable.  I don't think the pouring-oil-down-the-carb idea is really
necessary unless you're planning to store the car for a year or more
without starting.