Re: [FWDLK] '56 Chrysler Help!

I was able to purchase wheel cylinders last winter for my '56 Imperial from
the local NAPA store - they had then in one day!  Alas, brake shoes are not
available.  I was able to have mine relined (rebonded) for a few dollars
each by a local remanufacturer.  If you don't have brake shoes, decent
cores should be available from  Bob Hoffmeister (impparts@xxxxxxxxx), or
one of the other nice folks who advertise on the IML (www.imperialclub.com;
check out the on-line classified for folks who are parting out cars).

Remember that center-plane brakes are tricky to adjust - if you've never
done such a job before, ask one of the experts here or on the IML for
assistance.

I've never had too much luck with Kanter, etc. (another story for another
time) - I'd much rather deal with a local parts dealer than a mail order
shop.  For example, one of my new rear wheel cylinders was leaking; NAPA
replaced it with no questions asked.

Good luck, and if you ever find a Highway HiFi (or records) for sale,
please let me know <g>.

Henry